- 10-Feb-2017 to 11-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Canton, OH, USA
- Base + Commission
OPERS Participation and Sick Leave Accumulation
Did you know that the Stark County Park District is responsible for maintaining over 100 miles of trail, 8,000+ acres of land and over 1,200 acres of lakes, ponds, and reservoirs? All of this land and water means plenty of things to do for our community year round but even more so during the month of April through October. We are currently seeking extra help for this season in form of a responsive, independent individual to work as a full time, seasonal Marina Supervisor Assistant.
- Assist the Enterprises (Marina) Supervisor with deliveries, as well as stocking and tracking inventory levels at the Marinas, the Magnolia Mill and the Lily Pad gift shop.
- Provide shift leader supervision as needed and generate a range of reports for each location using the POS system.
- Assist with the Marina Assistant duties and Miller duties when working on shift at different locations/shops.
- Assist with concessions and Marina staff involvement in Park special events such as fishing derbies, Summer Splash, etc.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to generate, read and interpret various reports
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong math skills
- Strong computer and register skills
- Clean driving record
Basic Requirements: High school diploma or GED required. One or more (1+) years of retail experience preferred.
This position requires working flexible hours, weekends and holidays possibly between 6:00am and 9:30pm during the duration of the season (April through October). While performing the duties of the position the employee will be expected to communicate with the public, use hands/fingers to handle and feel small and large objects, regularly need to stand, walk, crouch, reach, balance and stoop, lift, push or pull heavy objects (40lbs or more) with or without assistance, and on occasion be exposed to extreme outdoor weather.
Must be eligible for employments in the United States, have a valid driver's license, and be insurable. Pre-employment background check and drug screening will be performed.
EOE - M/F/D/V