- 10-Feb-2017 to 11-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Hartville, OH, USA
OPERS Participation, and Sick Leave Accumulation
Stark County Park District is currently seeking to add a total of four (4) seasonal Wildlife Rehabilitation Assistants to join our team. If you are passionate about wildlife animals big and small, and have some experience in animal care please read on to find out how you can join our team!
- Facilitate the process of intake, rehabilitation, monitoring and release of injured, orphaned, and diseased native wildlife as permitted by governing regulations (local, state and federal)
- Provide physical intake examination and critical care techniques such as handling, wound care, stabilization, bandaging, etc.
- Ensure completing necessary daily intake forms and other documentation
- Cleaning and preparing of animal caging, animal diets, laundry duties, and general housekeeping duties
- Interact with the public via telephone or in person and educate about Ohio Native Wildlife through public presentations
- Encounter moderate to frequent exposure to insects, poisonous vegetation, zoonotic diseases and moderate exposure to outside weather conditions throughout the year.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally with a diverse population
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under highly emotional circumstances
- Some experience in wildlife rehabilitation (examination, critical care, medication, feeding, etc.)
- Ability to frequently handle loads in excess of 40 lbs with or without assistance
Some (3-6 months minimum) wildlife rehabilitation, or veterinary experience, or related field required. Ohio state certification in Wildlife Rehabilitation I preferred, not required.
2 PT Seasonal average of 32 hours/week, April 20, 2017 through August 23, 2017 (18 weeks)
2 FT Seasonal average of 40 hours/week, April 6, 2017 through November 1, 2017 (30 weeks)
These openings require working pre-determined schedules, including various hours and days of the week including weekends and holidays.
Must be eligible for employment in the United States, have a valid driver's license, and be insurable. Pre-employment background check and drug screening will be performed.
EOE - M/F/D/V