- 06-Feb-2017 to 07-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Canton, OH, USA
- Part Time
OPERS Participation, Prorated Holiday Pay, and Sick Leave Accumulation
The Stark County Park District is looking for two (2) customer service oriented, self-starters to join our Facilities Crew on a part time basis. The right independent workers will look forward to performing a variety of custodial type duties at various Park sites, including but not limited to Canton area parks/facilities and Hartville area parks/facilities. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply!
- Perform custodial type duties such as event clean up, trash pickup, emptying trash and recycling receptacles, etc. at various Park sites throughout Stark County.
- Responsible for the set up and clean up of Stark Parks special events and private reservation events at various locations, as scheduled.
- Responsible for facilities maintenance duties including custodial work and general upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as operation of equipment pertaining to floor maintenance.
- Effectively interacts with park patrons and manages difficult situations involving patron concerns appropriately.
- Required to resolve light facility maintenance concerns (changing lightbulbs, ballasts, etc.).
- Responsible for complying with a variety of safety regulations and maintaining clean and orderly work areas and park owned vehicles.
- Safely and effectively complete snow removal duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of custodial techniques and cleaning products
- Some experience with small hand and power tools
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with OSHA, PERRP, and SDS standards required
- Must be able to work independently be productively engaged
Basic Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or older, high school diploma or equivalent preferred, not required. Relevant work experience preferred, but not required. Valid Driver's License required. Must be able to work various shifts between 6:00 a.m. & 1:00 a.m., Monday Sunday for an estimated 16 to 29 hours a week. Worked time will include holidays; heavy weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun) schedule to be expected due to events.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, use hands and fingers to handle/feel, frequently required to stand, walk, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch. Ability to frequently lift/carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision. Exposed to moderate to loud noise levels. Frequent exposure to airborne dusts, dirt, aerosols, fumes, etc.
Pay: $8.72 per hour; after successful 90 working days increase to $9.69 per hour
Union Dues: $20.95 bi-weekly, after 90 days worked
Must be eligible for employment in the United States. Pre-employment background check and drug screening will be performed.
EOE - M/F/D/V